- Fireworks Permits
Any person or organization wanting to sell fireworks in Finney County must apply for a permit through the County Clerk's office. Permit applications are available online (PDF) or can be requested in-person at the Clerk's Office at 311 N. 9th in Garden City.
Fireworks Permitting is currently governed by Finney County Resolution 03-2021.
Important Information about the application process:
- Applications require approval by Zoning & Compliance and the Fire Chief before submission of the application and payment to Finney County Clerk:
- Finney County / Garden City Zoning: City Administrative Center at 301 N. 8th
- Finney County Fire Chief: 302 N. 9th - visit https://www.gcksfire.org/fire-prevention/fireworks for more information
- Applicants are responsible for obtaining necessary approvals.
- Proof of Liability Insurance, Retailers Sales Tax Certificate, and property owner consent (if applicable) is required when submitting application and payment.
- Applications submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the sale or display date will require a payment of $100.00 payable to the Finney County Clerk at the time of application.
- Applications submitted less than two (2) weeks prior to the sale or display date will require a payment of $200.00 payable to the Finney County Clerk at the time of application.
The permit is valid only for the date(s) and at the location that is provided on the application and authorizes only the display and/or sale of fireworks for the public.