Parks & Recreation Grant

Alcoholic Liquor Fund

The State of Kansas, in KSA 79-41a04, creates an Alcoholic Liquor Fund and describes how those moneys are to be distributed back to local units of government. For cities with a population greater than 6,000 (Garden City fits that category) the law sets forth that 1/3 of the money be credited to the general fund, 1/3 be credited to a special Parks and Recreation Fund, and 1/3 to a special alcohol and drug programs fund in the city treasury.

Funds credited to the Parks and Recreation Fund shall be under the direction and control of the Board of County Commissioners. Any funds granted to local agencies and/or groups may only be used for the purchase, establishment, maintenance, or expansion of park and recreational services, programs, and facilities.

How to Apply

Request an application in-person at the Finney County Clerk's Office located in the Finney County Administrative Center at 311 N. 9th Street in Garden City or download and complete your application electronically, then submit via email to

Parks & Recreation Grant Application

General Timeline

January Applications must be submitted by January 31
February A committee reviews applications and provides recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners
Board of County Commissioners award funds
March 1st Quarter distribution of funds
June 2nd Quarter distribution of funds
September 3rd Quarter distribution of funds
December 4th Quarter distribution of funds