Cereal Malt Beverage Licensing

In order to sell Cereal Malt Beverage or 3.2 beer in Finney County*, you must apply for a CMB License through the Finney County Clerk's Office.

CMB License Types:

There are two types of CMB licenses:

  • An On-Premise CMB license allows for consumption of the CMB on the licensed premise, i.e. taverns, restaurants, etc.
  • An Off-Premise CMB license allows for consumption off the licensed premise, i.e. grocery stores, convenience stores, etc.

A licensed establishment may have both an On-Premise and Off-Premise CMB license. Each license type requires a separate CMB application and a separate license.

Individual Application (PDF)
Firm, Partnership or Association Application (PDF)
Corporate Application (PDF)

For more information on CMB Licensing please visit the Kansas Dept of Revenue's website or contact the County Clerk's Office.

CMB License Handbook (PDF)

*The County Clerk's Office only issues CMB Licenses for establishments OUTSIDE the city limits. If you would like to inquire about an establishment inside the city limits of Garden City or Holcomb, please contact the city clerk of the respective cities.  

Sales Tax Registration:

For the privilege of engaging in the business of selling tangible personal property at retail in this state, i.e. CMB products, a sales tax is levied and shall be collected and paid at the statutory rate in addition to the applicable city and/or county tax. K.S.A. 79-3603.

The sales tax that is levied shall be paid by the consumer to the retailer and it shall be the duty of each and every retailer to collect from the consumer the full amount of tax imposed then remit it to the Director of Taxation. K.S.A. 79-3604.

Retailers shall make returns to the Director of Taxation using the filing frequency established by State law. K.S.A. 79-3607.

If you have not registered your business or your additional location, you may use any of the following options to obtain the Business Tax Application (CR-16) or the Kansas Registration Schedule for Additional Business Location (CR-17):

  1. Complete your Business Registration On-Line via the Kansas Business Center
  2. Download and print the application
  3. Send an email requesting the form
  4. Call the Kansas Department of Revenue Forms Order Line at 785-296-4937

Filing Your Sales Tax Return:

You may file your sales tax return electronically and remit your sales tax payment electronically using KS WebTax.

KS WebTax is a free, secure and easy way to manage business tax accounts. Businesses can make electronic payments, file Sales, Use or Franchise tax returns and view online activity. KS WebTax simplifies your accounting process by having everything available in one easy-to-access location.

KS WebTax is available on the Internet via the Web Tax website. Contact the Kansas Department of Revenue Electronic Services at 1-800-525-3901 for assistance.

Contact the Alcoholic Beverage Control:

Please submit an email to the Alcoholic Beverage Control.