Motor Vehicle


We strongly encourage residents of Finney County to renew vehicle registration ONLINE or by mail. MAIL your renewal form along with a copy of the current proof of insurance and form of payment (personal check, money order or cashier's check--NO CASH will be accepted) to: 

Finney County Treasurer's Office PO Box M Garden City, KS 67846

CASH PAYMENTS will be accepted in office ONLY

For questions on vehicle tags, titles and registration click  HERE

Other FAQs

I purchased a vehicle from a dealership/private party what should I bring to register my vehicle?

  • Title
  • VIN Inspection for an out of state title from the KS Highway Patrol or Holcomb Police Department
  • Sales Tax Receipt of Bill of Sale
  • Proof of insurance
  • Valid ID
  • Odometer reading 
  • MSO--Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (for NEW vehicles purchase from a dealership)

Where do I get a VIN Inspection?

  • Holcomb Police Department M-F from 8:00AM-12:00PM and again from 1:00PM-5:00PM 200 N Lynch Holcomb, KS 
  • Kansas Highway Patrol (for salvage or rebuilt titles) Wednesdays ONLY from 9:00AM-1:00PM
  • A fee of $20 will be collected at time of inspection--CASH PAYMENT ONLY

Can I get a quote on Kansas Vehicle Property Tax?

I have not received my plate in the mail--how can I check the status?

  • Plates take up to two (2) weeks to arrive
  • You can call the Kansas Department of Revenue at (785) 296-3621

How do I get a new sticker (registration renewal) with out a renewal notice?

  • A renewal notice is not required, however you can get a copy of the renewal notice HERE.
  • Your renewal can be processed by your plate number or VIN
  • For additional FAQs regarding registration click HERE

How do I get a disabled placard/plate?

  • Print out a Disabled Placard/Plate Application from the Kansas Department of Revenue under Registration/Special Tags
  • Bring the filled out form back to our office after your physician has filled it out

I purchased a mobile home--how do I get the title under my name?

  • Take the title and bill of sale to the Appraiser's Office for a valuation notice.
  • Pay the advance year's taxes along with delinquent taxes at the Treasurer's Office
  • A motor vehicle clerk will process your title work as long as you have been entered in the queue BEFORE 3:30PM

How do I get a replacement title?