ALL TITLE WORK STOPS AT 3:30PM
We strongly encourage residents of Finney County to renew vehicle registration ONLINE or by mail. MAIL your renewal form along with a copy of the current proof of insurance and form of payment (personal check, money order or cashier's check--NO CASH will be accepted) to:
Finney County Treasurer's Office PO Box M Garden City, KS 67846
CASH PAYMENTS will be accepted in office ONLY
For questions on vehicle tags, titles and registration click HERE
I purchased a vehicle from a dealership/private party what should I bring to register my vehicle?
- VIN Inspection for an out of state title from the KS Highway Patrol or Holcomb Police Department
- Sales Tax Receipt of Bill of Sale
- Proof of insurance
- Valid ID
- Odometer reading
- MSO--Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (for NEW vehicles purchase from a dealership)
Where do I get a VIN Inspection?
- Holcomb Police Department M-F from 8:00AM-12:00PM and again from 1:00PM-5:00PM 200 N Lynch Holcomb, KS
- Kansas Highway Patrol (for salvage or rebuilt titles) Wednesdays ONLY from 9:00AM-1:00PM
- A fee of $20 will be collected at time of inspection--CASH PAYMENT ONLY
Can I get a quote on Kansas Vehicle Property Tax?
- You can get an estimate online by visiting the Kansas Department of Revenue
I have not received my plate in the mail--how can I check the status?
- Plates take up to two (2) weeks to arrive
- You can call the Kansas Department of Revenue at (785) 296-3621
How do I get a new sticker (registration renewal) with out a renewal notice?
- A renewal notice is not required, however you can get a copy of the renewal notice HERE.
- Your renewal can be processed by your plate number or VIN
- For additional FAQs regarding registration click HERE
How do I get a disabled placard/plate?
- Print out a Disabled Placard/Plate Application from the Kansas Department of Revenue under Registration/Special Tags
- Bring the filled out form back to our office after your physician has filled it out
I purchased a mobile home--how do I get the title under my name?
- Take the title and bill of sale to the Appraiser's Office for a valuation notice.
- Pay the advance year's taxes along with delinquent taxes at the Treasurer's Office
- A motor vehicle clerk will process your title work as long as you have been entered in the queue BEFORE 3:30PM
How do I get a replacement title?
- Print out and complete Title and Registration Manual Application
- Return completed form to the Treasurer's Office with $10
- Your duplicate title will arrive within two (2) weeks