About The WIC Program
WIC is a supplemental food and nutritional program designed to improve the health of women, infants, and children. The service provides nutrition counseling education, breastfeeding promotion and support, nutritious foods, and referrals to other health care programs.
Counties Covered by Southwest WIC
The Southwest Kansas WIC program's home office is located at the Finney County Health Department.
- Pregnant women
- Postpartum women for six months
- Breastfeeding women until the infant's first birthday
- Children up to the age of five
- Must reside in Kansas
- Be within income guidelines
- Have a nutrition risk factor