DO YOU WANT TO BE A POLL WORKER?
If you are interested in being a poll worker, please read the following and complete the application.
POLL WORKER REQUIREMENTS
Kansas Statute 25-2804
establishes certain requirements for poll workers. Please review the following before submitting your name for consideration as poll worker in Finney County.
To be a poll worker, you must:
- Be a registered voter in Finney County and be willing to serve
- NOT be a candidate for any office in Finney County other than precinct comittittee person.
Be advised that poll workers may be required to:
- Be physically and mentally able to perform and complete the assigned tasks
- Attend a class of instruction concerning the tasks of an election judge prior to each election
- Have never been convicted of election fraud, any other election offense or fraud
- Perform tasks in a busy and stressful environment for 14 plus consecutive hours
- Understand and read English
- Sit and/or stand for long periods of time
- Follow very specific directions and abide by legal requirements completely
- Have basic knowledge of computers and be able to learn to use the computerized poll book (includes accurately searching, retrieving and inputting data)
- Have the ability to use and understand voting equipment after receiving training
Poll Worker Application