Click to home
RSSEmail this urlPrint page
Go To Search
Kansas Homestead Refund
Kansas Homestead Refund
The Homestead Refund is a rebate program for the property taxes paid by homeowners. The refund is a percentage of your general property tax.

To qualify you must be a Kansas resident, living in Kansas the entire year. You must own AND occupy your home and not have delinquent proprty taxes.  Your total household income must be $32,900 or less, and you must also meet one of the following requirements:

  • Age 55 or older
  • Blind or disabled
  • Have a dependent child who: 
    • Is under the age of 18
    • Lived with you all year
    • You claim as a personal exemption

The County Clerk's Office will assist filing your Homestead with the Kansas Department of Revenue. If you file income tax, and you meet the requirements for Homestead, please discuss with your tax preparer.  

**Note:  2012 was the last year to file Homestead for renters.  After 2012, you will only be able to file for homestead if you own your home. 

Finney County
311 N. Ninth St. | Garden City, Kansas 67846 | Ph. (620) 272-3500 | Fx. (620) 272-3599
Contact Us | Accessibility | Copyright Notice | Powered by CivicPlus