Click to home
RSSEmail this urlPrint page
Go To Search
How do I change the name on my deed?
Once a document has been filed in this office, the document itself will not be changed – in order to transfer the property you will have to have a new deed prepared. To avoid future legal problems, we recommend that you have an abstractor or an attorney do this for you.

Register of Deeds

Show All Answers

1. What is the Register of Deeds Office?
2. What is a deed?
3. How do I change the name on my deed?
4. Will the Register of Deeds office prepare my deed?
5. What happens if I lose my deed?
6. Do I receive a new deed after paying off my house?
7. What are the requirements for filing a document?
8. Can I find birth, death and marriage records in the register of deeds office?
9. Is there a title for real estate like for a car?
10. Can I access your records on-line?

Finney County
311 N. Ninth St. | Garden City, Kansas 67846 | Ph. (620) 272-3500 | Fx. (620) 272-3599
Contact Us | Accessibility | Copyright Notice | Powered by CivicPlus